This event will be held at Game Preserve – Greenwood on Feb. 2nd at 12:00 PM.
Kill-Team rules sheet
To play in Kill Team, you’ll need to select your Kill Team carefully, for, as any commander knows, you must send the right men for the mission if you want to guarantee success! You may spend up to 400 points using the following Force Organization Chart:
1 – 1 Named Character (special character)
0 – 1 Elite
0 – 2 Troops
0 – 1 Fast Attack
Note that you must include a special character from your codex. This character must still follow all the other rules for determining what is and is not allowed.
Every Kill Team needs a leader, be it a hoary old veteran Sergeant, a fiery Commissar, a wiley Succubus or a brutal Nob. Part of the fun of smaller games of Warhammer 40,000 is the chance to make each model a character with a story, and the leader of your Kill Team is a great opportunity. For this event, your leader is the mandatory Named Character you pick to use.
At the end of each game, roll 2D6 and add on to the result the number of models your Leader killed in that game.
• When you gain an upgrade, note it on your Leader Record Card and have your opponent initial it in the appropriate place.
• Upgrades marked with an * may be gained a maximum of twice. All others can only be gained once.
• If you already have one of the * upgrades twice, have rolled an upgrade that can only be taken once or a statistic has reached 10, simply re–roll your upgrade.
Your Leader gains the corresponding upgrade. Note it down on your Leader record sheet.
|2 D6 + Leader’s Kills last game Upgrade:|
|2 – 4 Nothing!: Hard luck, soldier…|
|5 Sure–footed: Your Leader gains the Fleet Special Rule.|
|6 Hunt from the Shadows: Your Leader gains the Stealth Special Rule.|
|7– 8* Experienced Fighter: Your Leader gains either +1 Weapon Skill or +1 Ballistic Skill.|
|9* Souped –up Weaponry: One of your Leader’s ranged weapons (note it down) gains +1 Strength.|
|10* Quick Thinking: Your Leader gains +1 Initiative.|
|11* Heroic Reputation: Your gains +1 Leadership.|
|12* Resilient: Your Leader gains +1 Wound.|
|13* Hardened Warrior: Your Leader gains either +1 Strength, + 1 Toughness or +1 Attack (choose one).|
|14+ Battle Experience: Your Leader earns 1 x new Universal Special Rule of your choice.|
Kill Team Errata FAQ:
Kill team is played using the basic rules of Warhammer 40,000 with the following modifications: Each player should build a list of no more than 400 points.
Any codex may be used with the following rules:
· You may use any codex.
· Allies are NOT allowed.
· You may not have any non-HQ models with more than 2 wounds.
· No models having an armor value (vehicles) may be included.
· Fortifications are NOT allowed.
· CHALLENGES are NOT allowed in Close Combat in Kill Team.
· All Models move and act independently as if they were independent characters, even though they may be part of a unit
· Game Mechanics proceed as normal: Move, shoot, and assault. Over watch happens as is normal.
· Models may not benefit form “Look out sir!”
· Whatever benefits a model provides to a unit as a whole will only benefit that particular model.
· All models used must be taken from the codex as they come in a unit. For example: you cannot take a single Space Marine or just an infantry Sergeant, they come in a squad of 5 at a minimum. Likewise, it must be a legal squad in terms of minimum/maximum models, weapons, and equipment.